VJ as a Baller


I love sports! I first fell in love in the team sport named Basketball! It just came to me that without basketball I wouldn't be the man I am right now. Kulang ang buhay! I was watching MJ documentary movies last night and remembered the passion I had for this sport. I still like playing basketball now but not like those days that I would play everyday, anywhere with anyone.

It started when I was 8 years old. I knew the sport at school and I automatically fell in love with it. I couldn't play at school grounds since it was not allowed. My milo ball was confiscated when I played there that sent me crying. I learned to play at a court near our subdivision. I played alone at first then at summer I joined a team. I was only a kid then of course and only made a couple of baskets. The experience that it gave me and the thrill of it was a different story. As I reached 12 years old my doctor ordered me to stop playing hoops. I had a knee injury that needed rest to heal. I was in the stage of developing my skills in basketball when this came and it really sucked. I started playing basketball again when I was in my 2nd year H.S. At this time a lot of my peers got better and stronger than I was in basketball. I didn't take the sport seriosly but I loved to learn new moves. Sometimes alone in a half-court imitating NBA moves or putting myself in a buzzer-beater scenario. After H.S. I thought basketball will stop, but God had other plans. When I entered college, I played for La Salle Canlubang. This is where I trained my heart out! I was is perfect condition, training under a very good coach and wearing a very nice jersey. I remember one time I made a dunk. It was always my dream to do that. It was an alley-oop thou. It was easy for me to reach the ring at that time. Im ending my college days pretty soon and not anymore training and playing for the school. But the love, the challenge, the joy of playing this sport will always be in me. Striving in athetics is a personal challenge. And Im happy to say I took that challenge and gave my all.

I may never play professionally or in big college leagues, but if you ask me. Yes, I am a baller!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Adding New Faith Goals for 2012

It Is Not Always About Academics

Benefits Of Singlehood