Philippines: This is where I belong

Since our country is celebrating its 111th year of independence I thought of making a blog about how much I love this country despite of its imperfection.

Philippines consists of 7,107 islands. We are an archipelago. I think our country has the longest coastal line in the world. We only have two seasons: Summer time and rainy season. But with the climate changes happening in this world we are experiencing some peculiar weather. Our government is a democratic type and a big big issue now is if will be changed in a parliamentary form. We rank 2nd to the last in terms of graft and corruption in Asia. There are a lot to say about my beloved country. Good and bad things. I wont be talking about the politic side since I am no expert in these things. I do care about the government but I did not plan on making this blog and talk about politics. I would like to focus on the good things.

I love nature! It testifies the greatness of our creator. I haven't traveled our country much but I have been to some beautiful provinces. I love going to the beaches that our country has. I hope to travel the whole Philippines in my lifetime. We are very very rich in natural resources. I want to explore these awesome places. Go up a mountain, dive into the sea, visit landmarks, and all that jazz. I love the feeling of exploring. Even in the busy cities like Makati and Manila, I find something that I can adore despite the traffic and pollution. This country is where I want to reside. I want to smell the Philippine breeze. I want to show my children the beauty that this country gives.

Filipinos are gorgeous human beings. Men and women are very attractive. We have that kayumanggi skin tone and dark black eyes. I learned to appreciate this since it is what God gave me. I am 100% filipino looking. I never thought of having a wife from another country. I believe in the abilities that God gave us. We have personalities that we have. Those "trademarks" like being hospitable, always smiling and stuff.

Yes there are alot to complaint about this country. But as Filipinos, we need to learn to love our own country. The AKO MISMO movement is a great step in making Filipinos aware about the responsibilities that we need to do in order to become a better nation. We are only born to one country and we need to love that. I know that plans, dreams are constantly changing. I still hope to work in my our country that the Lord provided. I will do what I can to help preserve its beauty and contribute in making a better nation. Thank you Lord for placing me here. This is indeed part of your plan and this is where I belong. Three stars and A sun!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Adding New Faith Goals for 2012

It Is Not Always About Academics

Benefits Of Singlehood