Say NO to Idleness

I super hate it when I get bored and find myself idle. It is fun to rest and do nothing in a weekday but finding myself being idle and faced with temptation, I'd rather be working my butt in school or in somewhere else. Paul, an apostle of Christ, even wrote a warning against idleness. Found in 2 Thessalonians 3:6-15. I think there are a lot of kind of effects that idleness bring to a person.

I want to share how does idleness start in my case. It first comes mostly when I am at home the entire day. It could probably a holiday, a canceled school day, a stormy day, or just a day that has nothing scheduled to do. So there is your free time. But then something gets to me that annoys me. It is called boredom. Yes, I am at home, surfing the net, watching television, ramming the refrigerator for food. But there is this feeling of irritation, wanting something else. Then after thinking about things I could do, I will just say 'Nah, too bored for that.' Then finally, I come to the state of IDLENESS.

I hate it when I find myself being idle but the evil one loves it. This is where anybody would be so vulnerable. For males, this is 'normally' when we just go to some sites and watch some 'action.' But for ABnormal males like christian guys, this is when you have to call on the name of the Lord and beg for strength. I admit that this is my weakness. Idleness is the start of temptation. And if we become careless will have an end result called SIN. I cannot defeat it using my own strength. I read something that really makes sense. When Jesus was tempted by Satan with the stone turning to bread. He didn't argue and said "I'm not hungry." He used the Word of God. This is what I think the "Excalibur" ultimate weapon that God gave us. So, let us use it. I use it!

Another thing that I have noticed. The higher or closer you are with God and actually growing spiritually, this is where the enemy will try to pull you back down. And I am fed up with all the failures that I've done in my life. I'm not ready to battle those lies with God's help and continue learning. Before when I would give into sin, I would really feel super bad about it and will destroy my momentum of growing. I hate that feeling of regret and feeling of helplessness. Join me in battling IDLENESS and SINNING. Let's hate them both together! Ako mismo!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Adding New Faith Goals for 2012

It Is Not Always About Academics

Benefits Of Singlehood