The Treasure Principle for Christmas

I am currently reading The Treasure Principle by Randy Alcorn which talks about handling the money that God gives us. This book changed my perspective in the way I handle my finances. Maybe this is God's reason why He brought me to this state of 'nothingness'. I lost my smart phones, dropped my good paying job, drained my savings and my ipod got stolen. Maybe this is it. I might have not learned this lesson if I cling to these treasures.

The book reminded me that all my possessions are God's. He owns everything that I possess. I also learned to invest on eternity. Why work hard for material things that you cannot bring to heaven? What struck me was the story of a missionary who had dropped all his wealth (coming from an affluent family) and served God in Egypt where he eventually died. He invested on eternity. I don't know who said this but they say there are only 3 things that will last until eternity: God, His Word (Bible), and people's souls.

Another thing that I learned is to give. Give, give, give. This is now my only reason why I want to have money. Its not to change my lifestyle, spend more, possess more things. I want to open my hands and freely give. Investing on the lives of people who I know cannot give me anything in return can give me joy. Helping ministries lacking financial support, pastors who receives little or no support, disciples who needs encouragement. I pray that I could practice giving grace through my finances.

God knows our needs and He miraculously provides. If He is always giving what we need, what is stopping us not to give back? This coming Christmas let's be generous! Give gifts to the people around even simple gifts. Invest on your churchmates, friends, classmates, family and even to strangers. Let's learn and pray how to be Christ-like with our money and store real Treasures.

Comments

olympeeames said…
titanium tube: The ultimate fishing game for beginners
I'd be happy to add more fishing games to my next fish project 양산 출장샵 - I'm planning 목포 출장마사지 a trip to India. 광명 출장마사지 It's baoji titanium like 경상북도 출장샵 fishing games in India - you

Popular posts from this blog

Adding New Faith Goals for 2012

It Is Not Always About Academics

Benefits Of Singlehood