Typhoon Ondoy

Saturday September 26, 2009 around 1pm. While we were unaware of the situation outside and while enjoying playing PVZ, water came inside our house. Panic! This was what happened. My brother and I rushed and lifted or removed all the things we can to avoid the water rushing in. The water was only 1 foot high inside the house and I never knew what was it like outside. It was the 2nd time water went in our house here in Sta. Rosa. I can say that I have some experience dealing with this but still, IT SUCKED! I cant blame our house for not being elevated since nobody knew that our location is prone to being flooded. Mud, mud and more mud came after. Back-cracking activities that require sweeping, scrubbing and mopping came next. Its now Tuesday and we are pretty much back to normal but mud outside still remains.

Something that makes me feel a little better is the more dreadful damages Ondoy left in the Manila area. Houses disappeared and people stayed on top of roofs leaving everything below eaten by the mirky waters. The feelings that I have are GRATEFUL and BLESSED. Grateful and blessed that our family never went through this scenario. I know that many other Filipinos are still shocked with what happened and my condolences goes to them. I pray that they will look at this in a positive manner. I also pray that they could find the true security in Christ. I know this is so hard but J.C. is the strongest anchor you can hold to. I also have relatives who are heavily affected and I hope and pray that they will be alright. Please try to help and donate anything you can for the recovery of these victims. Thank you and God Bless.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Adding New Faith Goals for 2012

It Is Not Always About Academics

Benefits Of Singlehood