Date with God


It was a typical wednesday except it was my lovely energetic mother! But besides that it was typical. Woke up, dressed up for work and indeed I worked. A lot of things have been happening in work lately and with all the pressure and changes that keeps on changing. Its challenging! Everyday work looks right at me and stares me down waiting for me to curl down in failure. I love the challenge. I know these tests defines who I am and give glory to God seeing how amazing He crafted me to be.
Well work in the office is over and I need to travel to Cainta to handle a coaches' mentoring session (part of MTW Sports' programs) and to beat the unpredictable traffic to Cainta I left 30mins ahead of time. I plugged in my earphones and switched to my 'slow and easy' playlist (secular songs) and just took it easy. I was not being texted which is good and I am not texting as well. Then suddenly it happened.

I love it when God just grabs my attention and i really felt His hug and just made my eyes swell. I didn't cry but I know it was Him. He took me back 4-5 yrs ago when I rode a bus and just prayed, sung praise songs and meditate on scripture. With my little black notebook at hand, I wrote lovely notes about God, life and my Love.

So simple yet so lovely. I love how God surprises me. Solitude is truly a gift that we should not take for granted. I was in a bus and God just loved me whispering "i missed you". All my worries disappeared and I just want to be stuck in that moment.

Father, I am sorry for the times I make you less important in my life and thank you for never letting me go despite my sinful life. I pray that you'll make me grow into a man who desires to glorify and love you for the rest of his life. You never fail to show me your power through my weakness.

God, I missed you too!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Adding New Faith Goals for 2012

It Is Not Always About Academics

Benefits Of Singlehood