No Other Way But Forward

When tough times come bursting in my life I tend to get anxious and worry about all sorts of things. How will I handle this? What will I do? Can I do this? Am I capable of getting through these? But as funny as this sounds, I catch myself preaching to myself verses that I read since I was a boy (Thanks mom for forcing me to read the Bible when I was young). I am also thankful for the godly people around me encouraging me to be faithful, to remember that it is God who is in control, teaching me that life is a marathon.

Life is a race. You can hear this statement from anyone now this days and it is. Life is a race and the Bible taught that to us. Hebrews 12:1b "and let us run with endurance the race that is set before us,"

We indeed need to run with endurance the christian race focussing on the things that God wants us to accomplish. Sometimes it is so easy to be caught up with the world's goals and forget that these things are temporary. Our encouragement must be eternity. Knowing that if all of these ends, if we fail all these trials in the world we are still eternally secured being held by God's hand.

God knows that we will go through tough times and that is why Jesus become our great high priest so that we know that He knows exactly what we are going through. Being faithful in the things God has entrusted to us is what He expects from us. Yes tough times will come and it may be tougher that the previous one but we should have confidence that we can move forward with our Lord and Savior's power fueling us.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Adding New Faith Goals for 2012

It Is Not Always About Academics

Benefits Of Singlehood