Mid-twentys Life


I am now 25 years old and over-hearing my mom talk about me over the phone made me realize a lot of things. In other words, it struck me. I think I could say that I am in a situation that I don't really want. I want to analyze the situation and know what steps do I need to do. Lets break it down.

I am 25 years old, I graduated from college 2010 with a BS Computer Engineering degree. I had corporate work experience for 1 year with Smart Communications and now 1 year with More Than Winning Sports Consultancy or MTW Sports (a small corporation set up by my mentor). I am still single, but courting somebody (will share in another entry). I am currently given the General Manager role for MTW Sports which means I need to keep it alive and running. I am very passionate in serving God that I originally planned of leaving Smart to study in a Bible school but because of lack of financial support I needed to help full time in MTW Sports.

Okay so here I am going through these motions. I am feeling fear, lack of confidence, irritated, disappointment, a little regret and was given false hope. It kinda sucks but like what I say in my mind I must act "like a boss" and not show these emotions. I like the idea of having a strong image but reality will hit me that I am just not who I want myself to be.

I dreamt of having a 6-figure monthly income, a nice car, secured future. To sum it up, I dreamt of a comfortable life at the age of 25. What went wrong? I believe there were turns in life that I could have had taken to change my current situation. But do I really want that?

Despite these disappointments in life, I am eternally secured. I have a sovereign God. Romans 8:28 says "And we know that for those who love God ALL things work together for good for those who are called according to his purpose." God is in control and I need to have more faith in Him and trust Him. Its hard to think of these especially having these feelings but truths, Biblical absolute truths, must prevail over emotions. 

"Father, I know that I am nothing, I am only a person under your grace and have nothing to boast. I know that you are in control of all things and has a purpose for the things happening around me. If these are your will to teach me about pride and make me humble, so be it. I'd like to be a person with nothing yet pleases You that a wealthy man running away from You. I pray that you transform the way I see things and trust in the all-knowing, all-powerful God. Father, break me, make me and use me. Kayo nang bahala kung saan and kung papaano mo ako gagamitin. I pray these things in the mighty name of Jesus, Amen."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Adding New Faith Goals for 2012

It Is Not Always About Academics

Benefits Of Singlehood