Not My Usual Bus Ride

Comute. Almost everyday I commute riding tricycles, jeepneys, buses. I survived college, getting all around the metro, even going to provinces occasionally commuting. But last October 26, 2011 wasn't my usual commute.

On my way to Taft avenue from Quezon city, I decided to take a route I haven't tried. It is a ride Quezon ave to Taft. I have different options getting there. I can ride a jeepney, a FX, or a bus. For this trip I rode a bus. I thought this would be a fast route but to my surprise the traffic was heavy. I was about to meet a friend to have lunch in Taft and hoped to get there asap. Glacing at my watch it was almost 6pm. Rush hour. People from offices and schools rushing to get home.

All of the sudden a woman entered our bus and started speaking in front of the bus. Using our native tongue and while the FM radio is on, she shared some verses in the bible. She started with some verses in Revelation pertaining to the 2nd death or hell. After some explainations she suddenly ends up in a verse in Corinthians saying God loves a cheerful giver. To my surprise she suddenly hands over envelops for the passengers. She was there to solicit all along. I noticed one passenger insert some change in the envelope. She collected the envelope, mine was empty, and left the bus.

Right after she went down, I thought to myself that how come she needs to ask for money in public and using the word of God as an act. Then I had thoughts from the Holy Spirit telling me that why can't I stand there and share the true Gospel. (Short context, I taught a class about Evangelism last Saturday in Jzone Upgrade) I suddenly felt this thump in my chest and hearing myself asking God if I will do it or not. I prayed and asked help from the Holy Spirit to guide me. I counted the people in the bus numbering to only 15 people. I was afraid that somebody might be misled by the lady who asked for money. After 10 minutes of wrestling, I found myself approaching the front of the bus. I asked the driving to lower down the volume of the radio and faced the people.

With my voice shaking and chest pounding, I introduced myself. I started with I am here not to ask for money. By God's grace, I shared the gospel to them. God's standard, Man is sinful, Jesus is the ONLY way, we need Jesus in our lives. I explained what repentance is and how important it is in order to become transformed. Sharing bits of my life as a testimony of God's goodness. I didn't ask them to pray the prayer of acceptance since I do not believe that the prayer saves. What saves is Jesus. I told them that if you are willing and want to have a relationship with Jesus they can ask it through praying. For their understanding, I explained the content of their prayer if they want Jesus as their savior and lord. I observed some people nodding as I talked. One guy asked me from what church I am after I spoke. It was amazing.

Back in my seat, I prayed and thanked God for what He did that night. It wasn't me, trust me. The real Vince wouldn't care at all. But because of Him and His grace I can stand. Commuting and rush hour wasn't that bad after all. :) TO GOD BE THE GLORY!

Comments

Unknown said…
i am so proud of you by doing this Vicente... indeed, to God be the glory. :)
I pray to God that He will continually lead you to where He wants you to be...

Let us put our future in the Hands of our Lord...

i am your forever fan... - Olivia


Popular posts from this blog

Adding New Faith Goals for 2012

It Is Not Always About Academics

Benefits Of Singlehood