Wild at Heart

This will be my version of a book review. Wild at Heart is a book by John Eldredge. It is a book that will discover the secret of a man's soul. It is a amazing that men are very interesting and mysterious like women. The adventure and journey to unlock the real man sleeping in your soul is essential in a man. We, men, have different scenarios in our lives but there is always an instinctive urge for man to be the real man. A lot of people can affect the way we live. Our parents, our peers, our relatives, even the other people surrounding us.

There are important stages that was stated in the book. The wound, The battle, and the beauty to rescue. I'm not an expert in books actually I rarely finish a book. What I am saying here is my own opinions about it. It really impacted me in a way that I now learn the reason behind all of my adventurous and ambitious dreams. It is not me being a crazy or being a poser. It is just me being a man. The wound that I discovered is the way fathers impact their sons. It is so amazing that when reading this book I being trained on how to be a good father in the future. The assurance of a man's voice telling you that you are strong, you are wild, you are amazing, you are a man. Those are the words that I wanted. I'm still blessed since there are things that my dad and I did that made me feel like a real man. We climbed our roof, changed a flat tire, build cabinets, lifted heavy stuff. I loved it when I was a helping. But there is something amazing that I learned. God is the ultimate source of what men are looking for. The validation of manhood. God knows what we need. He knows where we are as a man.

Another thing that struck me in this book is the things about the beauty to rescue. It is an empty cycle called the "Golden-haired Woman." This is a pointless cycle of trying to satisfy ourselves with the most gorgeous woman we see in a room. Then after captivating her, after being validated by her that you are a man. Your feelings will leave you and the quest for the golden-haired woman starts all over again. This is sabotage. Men feel like real men when they are sweeping a woman to her feet. But without knowing how to be a real man, you will only hurt the queens of this world and even hurt yourself as well.

Upon reading this book I discover more and more about myself and how to be a wild man and be wild at heart. I want to be like Maximus, Ben Wallace, and all the great, brave men who we see. I want, Vincent Lacap to be a real man. I am in the process and God is not yet done with me. I'm learning a lot in the process. Encountering hurts and joys but like they say: "Experience is the best teacher." I encircled this sentence in the book "Let people feel the weight of who you are and let them deal with it!" I love this since this is the person I want people to see me. A man with dignity, principles and non-negotiable beliefs. I want to make marks in others lives. Let them feel the gravity that I bring. I want to let them feel my passion and love for God. I pray that God will make His son, who is strong and brave and has integrity. A man of faith and trust.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Adding New Faith Goals for 2012

It Is Not Always About Academics

Benefits Of Singlehood